2. Preparing your first email
To create a new campaign go to the Sent tab and click on Create New Campaign on the right hand menu.
Note: Each contact list already has personalizable “Confirmation” and “Welcome” emails setup and automatically sent.
Setting up the campaign
- Give your campaign a name Only you can see this, so make sure it’s meaningful to you.
- Choose your recipients Under The recipients you will have a full view of all your contact lists, along with details such as how many recipients each list has, when it was created, and if it contains any groups.
Enter additional campaign details
a. Subject – Make it resonate with your audience. Be explicit!
b. Sender’s name and email address
c. Optional : an alternate reply-to email Avoid using “no-reply@…” emails.
d. Advanced options are available for experienced users.
Selecting a template
We recommend you start by selecting one of our default templates. They’re free and have been optimized for email clients. The templates can all be stamped with your own brand with the Email Campaign Builder.
If you’re an HTML master, you can upload your own template ZIP file or copy-paste your HTML code.
Did you generate your Text version?
Some of your customers can’t (or won’t) receive HTML-Based emails. Generating the Plain Text version also helps in regards to lowering your SPAM score. Please make sure you generate your text version:
- Click on Edit plain-text version on the right hand menu
- Once the text pops up, you can edit the information.
Note: Square brackets represent either Tags or links.
[Visit our Website] ([http://www.mywebsite.com])
In your HTML email, this is a link. You should edit this text to look like:
Visit our Website at [http://www.mywebsite.com